The Earl’s Court Society
The objects of the Society are to preserve and improve the neighbourhood of Earl’s Court for the public
benefit, to include but not limited to the following:
1. Promoting the protection, preservation and improvement of local buildings and amenities, including
formulating planning advice for the area.
2. Representing and expressing the views of residents and those working in the neighbourhood where
3. Supporting and encouraging Residents’ Associations and similar bodies in the area
4. Promoting the commercial wellbeing of the area
5. Acting when required as an advisory group to the Council of the Royal Borough of Kensington and
Chelsea and as a forum bringing together statutory, voluntary and commercial bodies with the RBK&C
Council and residents.
DEFINITION OF THE AREA OF EARL’S COURT
The area of the Society’s interest defined by the Society as the neighbourhood of Earl’s Court, based on the
original Earl’s Manorial Lands, is from Kensington High Street in the north to Fulham Road in the south and
from the West London Railway Line in the west to cover Courtfield, Ashburnham and Lexham Gardens. to the
east, without defined borders.
More can be found at:
The Kensington Society
Formed in 1953, the Charity‘s objects shall be to preserve and improve the amenities of Kensington for the
public benefit by stimulating interest in its history and records, promoting good architecture and planning in its
future development and by protecting, preserving and improving its buildings, open spaces and other features
of beauty or historic or public interest.
The Royal Borough of Kensington & Chelsea was created in 1965 with the merger of the Royal Borough of
Kensington and the Metropolitan Borough of Chelsea. Kensington – the area we watch over on your behalf –
is the area north of Fulham Road and Walton Street